Hello Style Nation from snowy Montreal. Living in IPF South, I really don’t miss all that much the nearly six months of winter from my days in Steeltown grad school (though now I get nearly six months of 100 degree weather). That said, the lead up to the holidays seems weird without snow so I’m enjoying it here. Plus I get to hang out with my sisters and their respective beaus. Good times.
On me: Sweater: Gap
Polka dot blouse & jeans: Old Navy
Gross, snow ready boots: Rockport
On sister: Sweater: Old Navy
Skirt and tights: Joe
In fact, the sister (the youngest edition) who I’m staying with got into the photo action so this will help break up the monotony of pictures of me. Plus, her giant fuzzy roommate is in the pictures as well! FYI, posing to show outfits with someone else is deceptively difficult. We met after work to do some Christmas shopping in advance of the arrival of the parents and we’re coincidentally coordinated (which isn’t that clear in the pictures). Coming up in a couple of days is her engagement party, so I’ll try to get pictures of all three sisters dressed up.
Also, Rad over at The Cohabitating Closet has tagged us here at IPF to provide seven things about ourselves. I don’t have access to either photos of me, or Rad’s BA past so I can’t be quite as awesome as her.
1. I love Christmas totally unironically.
2. I was born in England when my Dad was in grad school over there.
3. I am an AWFUL singer.
4. When I moved to IPF South, there was a mix up with my visa so it took my furniture a really long time to arrive. Also, I didn’t get paid until the end of my first month. So, until the end of September, I was broker than I’d been in grad school and only had a bed and two lawn chairs in my two bedroom bungalow.
5. I love brussel sprouts. A lot.
6. In general, breakfast is my least favorite meal but it’s one of my favorite meals to go out for.
7. Since getting the mini-FR, I’m finding that I’m far more of a dog person than I thought.
Any tips for group outfit pictures? How are your holidays going?